An Order Management System (OMS) is an absolute necessity for every fast-growth and large business. The Avectous OMS automates and provides faster, more accurate order processing, reporting, item velocity visibility, single-page summary of orders from all sources, automatic assignment of orders to the optimal fulfillment location, integration with accounting, CRM, purchasing, warehouse and shipping systems.
Why is an Order Management System Critical for my Business?
- Order management relates to all products and services that you sell to your customers and every way that information about orders finds its way into your information repository.
- Order management speaks to the processes you use to streamline every aspect of your order processes, including reducing multiple data entry activities, increasing accuracy, ensuring inventory availability by constantly updates information from your inventory system.
- Order management keeps supplier records and information current. Who do you buy it from? What does it cost? How long does it take to receive it? What is your QC defect rate?
- Your future success will be dramatically impacted if you fulfill orders quickly and accurately, ensuring the lowest shipping costs. You undoubtedly need to be able to view all of your orders from all of the order sources (marketplaces, phone orders, orders from your sales organization, customization orders, etc.) on a single, easy-to-understand screen. You need to understand that, from the customers perspective, orders include returns and exchanges. Managing customer satisfaction by fixing problems is one of the most important things your company can do to create evangelists for your brand. Satisfaction with both the initial order process and any return or exchange processes will go a long way to earning your company excellent word-of-mouth referrals.
Benefits of Order Management
- Enjoy fast, efficient, order processing with a minimum of delays, double data handling, and misshaped orders
- Avectous provides constantly updated inventory information, a database of vendors, a database of customers, a record of customer returns and refunds, and information on billing and payments for top quality customer service and sales response
- Complete integration with warehouse management system and shipping software, including all aspects of order processing (selection, printing, picking, packing, shipping)
- Collect all order data in a separate data base, dramatically accelerating data processing
- Configure reports to understand fast selling items, inventory levels, inventory reorder deadlines, in real time with 100% accuracy
- Decide how to fulfill orders – direct from inventory, multiple inventory locations, or by drop ship from a third-party suppliers
- Multi-fulfillment channel support
- Multi-fulfillment channel allocation for sales orders with rule based allocation.
- Amazon FBA integration
- Reduce back-orders and meet customer demand by automating substitutions for similar products based on a set of unique business rules
- Proper handling of tax calculations based on global requirement
- Forecast inventory shortages, potential customer service issues and delivery problems